4.19.2007

I had to take Tristan into the pediatrician's to play catch up on shots today. guess how much my little chunker gained...come on, guess! FIVE pounds. that's right, FIVE. in only one and a half months. he went from being a lil thing to a chunky monkey. he now weighs 22 pounds 4 oz and is 29.5 inches. the pediatrician was a bit shocked, but I told him he's basically eating all table food now. so that's the reason. my good cooking (ha) is fattening him up. well it's made Josh gain 50 lbs since we got married (he was underweight then) so I guess its good for fattening boys up.

The sad part of the visit is that Tristan has a hydrocele (basically water in his testicle...I know, like you really wanted to know, you can google it for more info if you're sick and twisted and like medical stuff like that). He's had it since around 5-6 months or so and its not going away. It gets larger at times and sometimes he looks normal. The pediatrician said that could be because Tristan has a hernia. So he gave me the number for a pediatric surgeon to call and make an appointment to have him look at Tristan. He said the surgeon might wait it out or might want to do surgery. Sigh...to think of both my boys having surgery. That's hard. It almost makes me feel like a failure as a mom...like there was something I could have done to prevent this. I know there isn't at all, but still feels that way.

Speaking of Michael's surgery, the lump hasn't gone down anymore at all. So I scheduled him an appointment with the pediatrician next week to have a physical that's required by the surgeon's office. That appointment is on Wednesday, then he has the pre-admission testing by the surgery center on Friday. Then two weeks from today is the surgery. Josh unfortunately will be going out of state for work from April 29-May 3. The surgery is sometime on May 3. I really wish he could be here with me, but just knowing that he'll be home that day is somewhat comforting. Thankfully my parents are close by and will be able to help me out.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I'm so sorry to hear that T needs to have surgery too! I can't imagine how you must be feeling with both boys needing something done. A big hug for you and you are in my prayers.

Jess said...

Wow, Katie! Hang in there! Of course you are a great Mom and will be so strong during the surgery without your husband, but I completely empathize with how you're feeling about doing it alone. Your boys are going to always remember you as there strong and loving mother who could handle anything. Remember" You're not really alone with Jesus right there to carry the burden for you. Hang in there and I'll be praying for both of your boys.

Love ya,

Jess